Wednesday 19 February 2014

Maybelline 'Big Eyes' Mascara





The 'Big Eyes' Volum Express mascara is Maybelline's newest offering and I was pretty excited to pick this up. I actually saw this in my local Tesco when I was having a little browse and it originally caught my eye due to the fact it's double ended - one brush for your upper lashes and one for your lower lashes. On further inspection I got even more excited when I saw how tiny the lower lash brush was. 'Finally!' I thought, 'an alternative to my beloved Clinique Bottom Lash mascara!' I freaking love that mascara, it's absolutely perfect for hitting those bottom lashes, but at £11 a time (and it's a pretty small tube), it's just too pricey. So finding a drugstore dupe would be very convenient!

Upper Lashes 

The brush for your upper lashes is a bit of a unique one, with lots of different sized spikes (technical term!) it coats your lashes really well and separates beautifully. It definitely lengthens but I wouldn't say it thickens. All in all it's seriously good! I apply two coats but to be honest I could easily get away with one. 




Lower Lashes 

As I mentioned, this is a much smaller brush, designed to get right to the root of your lower lashes and reduce the risk of creating a big black mess under your eyes. The brush makes the application more precise but I found I had to apply two coats to get any kind of product payoff. One coat barely does anything. A slight disappointment but after a couple of coats, I'm good to go. 



I'm really happy to report that I had no under eye smudging with this little beauty either! That tends to be a problem I normally have with drugstore mascaras, but no panda eyes here :)

Two coats of Maybelline 'Big Eyes' mascara


All in all, this is definitely worth a try if, like me, you're a fan of dual ended mascaras. Who doesn't love a multi-purpose product? It's certainly worth £6.99 and you're basically getting two mascaras for the price of one.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I completely forgot about dual ended mascaras! I used to use the white and black one and I actually quite like it :)

    Must give this one a go!

    x
    Phoebe
    Eat. Live. Love. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS