Monday 14 October 2013

Autumn Inspired Makeup Look

Don't worry I'm not going to ramble on about how much I love Autumn...again! :) But I did want to share a makeup look I wore last week which was inspired by Autumn colours.
 
I recently received MAC's Rebel lipstick in a beauty swap with a fellow blogger and I literally jumped for joy when I saw it! It's been on my wishlist for so long and I can finally wear it. For those of you that aren't familiar, it's a hugely popular shade for this time of year, in the packaging it looks to be a deep, dark purple which looks a bit scary but once applied it's a lighter almost pink toned plum shade that literally screams Autumn :)
 
 
I love experimenting with statement lip colours so I came up with this makeup look using my much loved Rebel and paired it with a pop of emerald green. Hope you like it!
 
 
 
 
Firstly, I applied my base as normal (I've really been loving Max Factor's new whipped crème foundation, definitely worth a try if you have oily skin!) I also contoured slightly and added a neutral blush so as not to take attention away from the lips and eyes.
 
I then applied a concealer as an eyeshadow base and packed on a light matte cream shade all over my lid.
 
I blended a small amount of soft matte brown through the crease to add some definition, then applied a shimmery white shade to my inner corner as a highlight.
 
I used a Body Shop eyeliner in emerald green under my lower lash line to use as a base and then with a pencil brush applied a shimmery green eyeshadow over it. I blended it out very slightly to avoid a harsh line.
 
I added mascara and voila! Eyes done :)
 
I used a lip balm on my lips then rubbed them with a cotton bud to remove any dry skin. Rebel isn't totally matte but it's close to it, so it could be a little bit drying on the lips. Once my lips were nice and smooth I applied the lipstick!
 
Such a simple look but I love plum and emerald green together :)

6 comments:

  1. Love this look! The eyeliner is gorgeous and you have made Rebel seemed really wearable! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky! Rebel is such a gorgeous shade and suits so many skin tones, I really recommended trying it x

      Delete
  2. Rebel looks gorgeous on you! I don't own any MAC lipsticks but I think rebel is just perfect for A/W, so daring but as the person said above you make it look so wearable :)
    And the emerald colours compliment it so well, it all looks lovely.

    Kathryn x
    effievanity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathryn, what a lovely comment! I think the emerald really brings the look together :) x

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely look! Rebel is one of my fav lipsticks too, love the pop of emerald!

    lydia x

    www.lydiacurtis.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS