Monday 19 August 2013

eBay Blush & Concealer Palettes

I've been meaning to do this post for about a year but for some reason I just never got around to it. Well the day has finally come for me to review two of my best beauty finds of last year :)
 
 
 
I remember reading blog post after blog post about the infamous eBay blush palette for £4 and I knew I had to try it. So I ordered one from (China I believe?) and waited patiently for a couple of weeks until it finally arrived. I was instantly pleased with the sleek black packaging, the fact that I had 10 different blush shades for £4 and the fact that it hadn't been damaged in transit :) I immediately swatched the blushes and couldn't believe how heavily pigmented they were! Particularly the brighter shades, one swipe on the cheek and a bit of blending and I had the perfect flush of colour.
 
 
 
 
I've had the palette for over a year now and admittedly the blushes are turning slightly chalky but they've lasted well for the price and I would definitely repurchase! I haven't got as much use out of it as I'd have liked to due to developing a slight blush obsession and getting distracted by other products but I wore a couple of the shades constantly when I first bought it and I've also used it on brides.
 
You can buy a similar one here for £4.79 and it's a UK seller so fast delivery too :)
 
So onto the concealer palette. Same concept, I found it on eBay and thought I'd give it a go, not really expecting great things. It arrived from Hong Kong about a fortnight after I ordered it and as with the blush palette, there were 10 different shades for around £5. Well as you can see in the photos, I've got a lot of use out of it! The pigmentation is great, the formula is creamy and thick enough to cover blemishes. The lighter colours work well for under eye concealing but do need to be set properly to ensure it lasts. I've used the darker shades for contouring and it's also a great product to have if you're starting out in freelance makeup as you have 10 shades to work with which you can mix when you need to. All in all a brilliant product and for a fiver you can't go wrong.
 
Again I found a UK seller, you can get it here for £5.69.
 
 
 
 
 
Have you tried these palettes? Let me know your thoughts!
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I've tried the concealer palette and absolutely love it. Such a good price too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look pretty good! I have seen these around on eBay for a while now and I just thought that they'd be like all the other knock-offs. I'm definitely going to give them a try! The price is amazing:)
    Follow me and I’ll follow back. Let me know when you’re done Also, I'd really like it if you were a part of the themed monthly look book on my blog Teeniolect HERE

    ReplyDelete
  3. These palettes are such good value! I could be tempted back on to ebay by these x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS