Thursday 30 May 2013

May Favourites

After much deliberation I've finally decided on my 6 favourite beauty products 
for May!

I've used quite a few new products this month and I've genuinely been loving all of them so narrowing it down was a hard task! I've mainly been focusing on my skin care, really sorting out a strict morning and evening routine for the summer. I'll be dedicating a whole in depth post on skin care in the next couple of weeks, so if that's something you're interested in then keep an eye out.

Onto my favourites!



Nars Laguna
I'm seriously late on the Laguna band wagon, having only bought this in April but I've fallen in love with it! So many bloggers have raved about this bronzer for so long and I can certainly see why. It's a great universal shade, it's not too dark, but it's buildable. It's matte, which for me is preferable to a shimmery bronzer. It's so easy to blend and it works perfectly for contouring. I find I can wear this on my 'paler' days just to add some warmth, or I can build it up when I'm more tanned to really add dimension to my face. I bought mine at ASOS for £26.

Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre
This is a new addition to my skin care routine and to be honest I'm wondering how I lived without it. I use it as my day moisturizer but it also smooths my skin and provides a perfect base for foundation so essentially it's also taken the place of my primer. It's enriched with essential fatty acids and vitamins and it applies like a dream! It feels silky smooth, sinks into my skin quickly and provides me with enough hydration without feeling greasy. It's suitable for all skin types and is a real cult product with makeup artists all over the world raving about it. For a more in depth description check out Cult Beauty where it's available to buy for £18.50.

The Body Shop Beautifying Oil
I ordered this at a friend's Body Shop party a while ago, I believe it's a relatively new product. It's a multi-purpose dry oil that can be used on your body, face or hair but personally I've only used it as a body oil. I opted for the Chocomania scent after having a sniff of the sample at the party and loving it! It smells like dark chocolate and I love applying it after a shower to lock in moisture. The great thing about it is it doesn't dry too quickly, my skin still feels soft and moisturised hours after applying it, but it certainly doesn't feel greasy or sticky. I'll definitely repurchase this but I'm tempted to try one of the other scents. The see all the options, click here. It costs £9. 

Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold
I'm sure every blogger and their dog has heard of the infamous Colour Tattoos so I won't go into too much detail, but essentially they're cream eyeshadows in a variety of colours that can be used as a base to make your eyeshadow stay and stand out, or they can be used on their own for a quick and easy eye look. That's exactly what I've been using this for. When I don't have much time in the morning, I apply this to my lids with my finger and blend a matte brown through the crease and voila! Done :) This is the only shade I own and I adore it, it's pink but its subtle with gold undertones. Something a bit different to an everyday neutral eye colour. I definitely want to try some more shades. You can pick them up at Boots or Superdrug for £4.99.

Nivea lip butter in Raspberry Rose
This smells AMAZING! Seriously it takes a lot of self control not to straight out eat it! It smells just like raspberry milkshake and I've been taking it everywhere with me this past month. It's moisturising, not sticky at all and it's only £1.99, I got mine from Superdrug but I've seen them everywhere. I really want to try the Caramel Cream version too. Did I mention how good it smells?

Palmers Natural Bronze Body Lotion
I couldn't leave this little beauty out of my favourites. I've been using this non stop for weeks and I've still got a fair bit left in the bottle! It's only £5.35 from Boots or Superdrug which is a great price for the size. I won't go into too much detail as I've just written a full review on it, so if you want to see what all the fuss is about, read my 
post here.

Random Favourite 
This month's random favourite has to be my Yankee Candle in Pineapple Coconut. I'm a big fan of the brand and I have a definite candle addiction, so when they launched their new summer Cool Pops candles I had to grab this one! It smells just like a piña colada so even if it's raining outside, I can light this and pretend I'm on a beach in Spain :) This particular candle is out of stock on the website but you can see the whole Cool Pops range here.



Let me know if you'd like to see a full review on any of the products mentioned and I'll get straight on it!

Also, let me know in the comments what things you've been loving this month, beauty related or just random favourites :)

2 comments:

  1. Loved this post! I've had my eyes on that palmers gradual tanner for ages and I've been wanting Nars Laguna for ages! Just need to take the plunge and pay £26 for it! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend both! I know what you mean though, £26 is alot of money for a bronzer... but I use it everyday so I get my money's worth. Like you, I wanted it for ages, took me a year to decide to buy it haha! x

      Delete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS