Monday 1 October 2012

Red Lips And Fair Skin Featuring NYX 'Chaos'

I'm always on the hunt for the perfect red lipstick! Something that can be quite a challenge with my fair skin, blue eyes and blonde hair... Those with darker skin tones seem to suit most red shades, but paler tones can find it tricky, well I certainly do! The likes of Emma Stone and Scarlett Johansson can pull off sultry red pouts so well. That's the look I want!





Those of us with fair skin can look so striking when we sport a gorgeous red lipstick, it's just a case of finding a good match.
So I decided to do a bit of research and discovered that blue based reds (cool shades) are great for those with pinker, rosier skin tones... that would be me then! And warm, orange based reds are more appropriate for golden, or tanned skin tones. Armed with this advice, I looked into blue based reds and found NYX 'Chaos' online. 

NYX Chaos


It's a cranberry red and would be a lovely shade for Autumn. It's moisturising and it definately stays put! I'll be wearing this on my next night out paired with neutral eyes and huge false lashes to really make an impact : )




I've tried some brighter shades in the past and I've really hated them with my pale complexion. It's a shame because I see the likes of Rita Ora and Rihanna with their beautiful fire engine red lips and of course they look fabulous.

I'll leave you with a photo of my idol and the woman responsible for giving red lipstick the iconic status it has today...



4 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how much I LOVE that colour! I must have this lipstick haha! So dramatic! :)

    Also, I am completely in love with your blog design, so colourful and lovely. I'm a new follower!

    Becky
    http://beckyleight.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment hun :)

    It really is a gorgeous shade and I'm so fussy with reds haha.. Thank you for the follow! I'll check out your blog now xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a beautiful colour!! <3 in love im gonna have to get it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you like it! It really is the perfect shade for fair skin :) x

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS