Sunday 29 April 2012

My Very 1st Glossybox!

I received my very first Glossybox a couple of days ago and I couldn't wait to dedicate a post to it :) The poor postman obviously thought I was a nutter, after I snatched it and raced into the lounge feeling like I'd just received a Christmas present! Yes I'm that sad...

For those of you that aren't familiar with Glossybox here's a quick summary.

The Concept - A beauty box packed with 5 surprise beauty products that arrive on your doorstep once a month.
The price - £10 a month subscription.
The products - Anything from high-end skincare to sought after make up brands, new hair care brands, perfume samples and loads more!









The April box has a 'natural beauty' theme.. The box is 100% biodegradable and filled with natural beauty products.

I'll start with my absolute favourite... Figs and Rouge lip balm!

I let out a little squeal of excitement when I saw this, I posted a photo on Twitter of a few Figs and Rouge balms a couple of weeks ago. I came across them on Feel Unique and loved the packaging. This is a lip, face and body balm in Rambling Rose and it's 100% organic. It smells divine and you can use it on any dry patches you have...I have quite dry lips so I love balms and you only need a tiny bit of this so it'll last ages. RRP £3.29

My 2nd favourite... Inika Cosmetics Organic Eyeliner

Must admit I've never heard of this brand, but the eyeliner retails at £11.95 which seems quite pricey, so I can't wait to try this and see if it's worth purchasing. The reason I've taken such a liking to it is the colour, I don't have one like it (the shade is Graphite), it's almost like a metallic dark silver/grey and it's gorgeous :)

The other 3 products are Ayuuri body wash, Caudalie SOS Thirst Quenching Serum and a Kai Fragrances sample.
I'm really happy with the size of the body wash. It's full size and retails at £4.95 (see how much I've got for my £10 monthly fee!) it's in Sandalwood which smells lovely, not the usual scent I'd go for as it's quite a strong, woody scent but I'm looking forward to using it.
The caudalie Serum retails at £29 for 30ml (pricey!) and I've got a 10ml sample so not sure if this will last long enough for me to determine whether or not its hydrated my skin, but I'll give it a go :) (I love skincare so this is a great product for me).
And finally a perfume sample which I haven't tried yet (not hugely interested in this as I'm quite fussy with perfume so I only have a select few that I like...)

So that's it! I'm really pleased with the selection and I'd totally recommend subscribing. It's a perfect way to 'try before you buy' :)

Let me know if you're thinking of subscribing to Glossybox, or if you already subscribe, what did you get in yours and are you pleased with it?

x Daniella Beauty Junkie x

3 comments:

  1. I really want to subscribe! do you think its worth it?xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely hun it's only my first box but after watching YouTube videos of previous boxes I just love all the products! And for £10 a month I think it's fab... Plus you can cancel it anytime if you don't like it xx

      Delete
  2. Ah~ I totally wish i could subscribe to Glossy box! But my student life cant afford it at the min~ I totally want that eyeliner!

    www.saramariii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS